Principal and Attorney
Attorney Shekar Jayaraman, Esq., LL.M. has a multi-faceted background of both public and private sector experience. He is passionate, zealous, and detail oriented.
Notably, Attorney Jayaraman was a Judicial Clerk for a United States Magistrate, with a heavy focus on violent crimes. He earned an LL.M. from Loyola University Chicago School of Law in Business and Corporate Governance, and has served under the Ohio Secretary of State as a Regional Liaison, handling Business Services and Elections.
While in law school, Attorney Jayaraman was selected as an Extern for a United States Magistrate for the summer after his first year, and was selected as a Fellow for the prestigious Janet D. Steiger Fellowship for the summer after his second year, concentrating primarily on Consumer Protection issues. He served as his law school’s Student Bar Association President, and placed first in his law school’s annual Alternative Dispute Resolution competition while in his first year.
Attorney Jayaraman is licensed to practice in Illinois and is confident that his educational background, federal clerkship experience, and overall life experiences will make him an excellent advocate for your legal needs.
Jayaraman Law focuses on Estate Planning, Business Planning and Criminal defense, exhibiting a passion for advocacy and serving clients. Attorney Jayaraman’s strong research and writing skills, honed during his federal clerkship, will allow him to hit the ground running on any case.
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, LL.M., 2015
- University of South Dakota, J.D., 2014;
- The Ohio State University, B.A., 2008;
- United States District Court – Northern District of Illinois
- United States Bankruptcy Court – Northern District of Illinois
- United States District Court – Northern District of Indiana
- Hon. Daneta Wollmann, United States Magistrate Judge – U.S.
District Court, District of South Dakota 2016 – 2017 (clerkship)
- Hon. Susan K. Lee, United States Magistrate Judge – U.S.
District Court, Eastern District of Tennessee at Chattanooga (externship) – 2012
- South Asian Bar Association of Chicago (formerly the Indian-American Bar
Association of Chicago) – Treasurer
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association – Member
- Business Network International – Chicago Givers’ Gain Network – Member
- Chicago Volunteer Legal Services – Volunteer Attorney
- Minority Legal Education Resources (MLER) – Tutor Group Leader
- Leading India’s Future Today (LIFT Foundation) – Associate Board Member
- Chicago Bar Association – Member
- Illinois State Bar Association – Member
- Tamil (Conversational)